Monday, November 26, 2012

20/80s With LA Dreams

Of all the new artists in the 80s inspired synth scene I've had the pleasure of listening to this year, LA Dreams is my definite favourite. This producer came out of nowhere and has released tens of absolutely stunning synth tracks. LA Dreams is text book synth romance in style. His melodies and arrangements are so emotionally intimate they are the embodiment of 80s teen romance, unrequited love, the passionate affair and the first summer kiss. Every track just exudes an awareness of true 80s authenticity and with each new track I experience I hear even more refining of this man's marvellous craft.

The celebrate the releases of Coast Vol.1 and Coast Nightfall Vol.2 I've asked the maker of the dreams himself for his 20/80s. As I look back at 2012, for me personally, LA Dreams has made this year musically special. Much like the time I first heard Mitch Murder, or MPM/Mulitpac it's been a time of total musical enlightenment as all of sudden I feel like I'm experiencing new music for the very first time. Something I find that happens more and more infrequently the older I become, something I'm eternally grateful for.

Please support LA Dreams and pick up both volumes of Coast on his Bandcamp page here and then sit back and take in the sunset over the ocean while we spend some quality time with LA Dreams' 20/80s on Synthetix.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment