Friday, February 3, 2012

Welcome to Synthetix

Welcome to my new site where I'll be attempting to cover all the latest and greatest happenings in the synth-wave, dream-wave, 80s soundtrack synth music scene. This has been something I've wanted to do for a couple of years and I believe this blog can provide a home for fans of this music and make the synth scene a bit less fractured.

I'll be posting as many times a week as needed. As soon as I hear something new that is of interest I will be posting here, I won't be waiting to do weekly updates or posts in batches, so please check back frequently.

For Synthetix inaugural post it's rather serendipitous that one of the leading artists in the genre just released a new track mere hours ago. Heading South by Mitch Murder sets the tone and style for Synthetix perfectly and it's an honour to be able to share such high calibre music with you right from the outset.



Mitch Murder is one of the mainstays of the 80s inspired synth scene and is constantly redefining the genre with each and every release.

For those uninitiated with Mitch's work I highly recommend chasing down his two full length albums, Burning Chrome and last year's masterpiece Current Events.

As well as posting newly released tracks on Synthetix I'll also be posting older favourites from new and vintage artists to help fully capture and represent the great exponents of this music.

I hope you stick around for this glorious ride into a neon lit nebula of synthesized symphonies and look forward to seeing you again soon.

3 comments:

  1. It only makes sense to have mitch murder as your first blog! Great job, Rick! Can't wait till the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea to mix in both new and old "classics" to provide more context to the Synthetix community.

    ReplyDelete